Critical Motor and Equipment Storage
Motor spares are a heavy investment for most companies; an investment in space and in prevention of production downtime. If properly stored, these spares can be as reliable as the original motor and save you time and money. Download our line card for more information on motor storage.
Benefits of critical equipment storage:
- Ensures the reliability of all spares by having them properly maintained while being stored (resistance testing, motor heaters, shaft rotation, etc.).
- Alleviates space and handling requirements at customers’ plant sites.
- Allows for an immediate back-up plan when a main motor fails, or needs repair, and has more efficient “rapid response” protocols.
Wazee motor storage services:
- Temperature controlled storage facility ensures bearing components and shaft do not rust due to wide temperature swings.
- Timely rotation of shaft to reduce false brinelling on bearings saves time and overhaul costs.
- Periodic insulation resistance (or MCE tests) are performed to monitor for degradation of insulation system and assure reliability when motor is put back in service.
Wazee Electric provides Critical Equipment Storage for Platte River Power. As part of the storage program Wazee Electric houses several motors from 450hp up to 5500hp which includes vertical pump motors, fan motors and boiler feed pump motors. MCE testing, motor shaft rotation (30 rotations) and visual inspections are performed monthly in Wazee's temperature and environmentally controlled facility. Monthly documentation provides the client with detailed information on each piece of equipment and its maintenance to ensure the equipment would be ready for use when needed. To date, three critical motors have been turned for use for Platte River Power.
Click here to read more about the work performed for Platte River Power.