Technician will perform up tower gearbox repair including: bearing changes on HSS and IMS, bore scoping and pitch tube repair.
- • LOTO of Wind Turbine Generator
- • Visual and nondestructive inspection utilizing a bore scope
- • Bearing and or pinion replacement on HSS and IMS
- • Pitchtube leak repairs
- • Generator alignment
- • Help in all areas of site operations as directed by manager
- • Other related job duties as assigned
- • 1-2 Years MINIMUM experience with up tower Gearbox repairs
- • Ability to understand, perform, and retain various skill-related training and operational and safety procedures demonstrated by supervisor
To apply please upload your resume in the form to the right. You must meet the minimum requirements above to be considered.
- • Must be able to climb a ladder without assistance and work indoors and outdoors in extreme heat and cold for extended periods of time
- • Ability to climb towers up to 300 feet and frequently handle, move, and/or lift repetitive weight up to 50 lbs.
- • Must be able to work from heights
- • Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- • While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle and/or feel, reach with arms and hands, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk and hear.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to: work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), extreme cold and extreme heat (non-weather), outdoor weather conditions, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of vibration.
The noise level in the work environment usually ranges from quiet to loud.