THE ABB ROAD SHOW STOPPED BY DENVER
Earlier this month the ABB Road Show made a stop in Denver. Over 100 clients and partners came by to tour the mobile show room, win some ABB prizes and have lunch at Wazee. During that event, the Xcel Energy Energy Efficiency Award was given to Wazee Electric for the 4th consecutive year – only 22 companies nationwide have this level of award. The kilowatt hours saved in 2013 was 1,005,327. What this means for our customers: the amount of money they saved on energy costs to Xcel energy was $101,411 in 2013.
WAZEE ELECTRIC WORKS ON TIMKEN BEARING CERTIFICATION
A Timken Senior Service Engineer, will be on hand to perform extensive training to all shop personnel. Timken will audit our records for calibration and bearing handling procedures. After completion, we will be awarded Timken Bearing Certification. We will be the only Timken Certified Motor Shop in the Rocky Mountain Region.
CRANE OPENS FACILITY IN ROCK SPRINGS WYOMING
Due to demand in the area, Wazee Crane is preparing for the open house at a facility in Rock Springs, Wyoming. We will be leasing some shop space so that our technicians in the area have a home base for spare parts as well as more room to perform larger service work. Thank you to everyone who has had a hand in our growth and success in the area.
Letter from the President
It feels like I was just writing about the closing of the first quarter. Here we are with the end of the second quarter already upon us. While in the midst of our busiest season, as I visit the different locations it's evident that each department is hard at work. Keeping our foot on the gas through this time will set the tone for the rest of year.
With many long hot days ahead of us, we also have one of our most celebrated days in sight. The 4th of July is a date on most of our calendars that we look forward to well in advance. It marks the celebration of summer and is typically one of the busiest American travel periods of the year. While the break is a well deserved one for everyone in our company, I also want to make sure we reflect on the true history and meaning behind the holiday. Here are some facts you may not know about this important day in our history:
• The Continental Congress approved the final wording of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776 though they'd been working on it for a couple of days. The draft was submitted on July 2nd but they finally agreed on all of the edits and changes on the 4th.
• For the first 15 or 20 years after the Declaration was written, people didn't celebrate it much on any date. It was too new and too much else was happening in the young nation.
• Celebrations of the 4th of July became more common as the years went on but it wasn't until 1870, almost a 100 years after the Declaration was written, Congress first declared July 4th to be a national holiday.
I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday. It's a well deserved break for everyone here at Wazee and H&N.
The following steps should be used when responding to a fire:
• Activate the fire alarm and call the fire department if needed.
• Identify a safe evacuation path before approaching the fire.
• Select the appropriate fire extinguisher.
• Discharge the extinguisher within it’s effective range using the PASS technique. Back away from an extinguished fire.
• Evacuate immediately if the extinguisher is out and the fire is still burning or progressing beyond your ability.
PULL - Pull the pin.
AIM - Aim low, pointing the nozzle at the base of the fire.
SQUEEZE - Squeeze the handle to release the agent.
SWEEP - Sweet from side to side at the base of the fire. Repeat steps 2-4 if it reignites.